Instrument: Guitar, Drums, Piano
Genres: Rock, Contemporary, Funk, Pop, Folk
Location: College Park, Silver Spring, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac Maryland (MD)
Why I work well with kids?
I work well with kids because I’m patient, versatile, and easy to work with (and I love having fun with music!). I know each student has different interests and learning patterns, so I’m not hesitant to mix things up to get the point across. I never give up on trying to find ways to make sure a student understands.
Kyle A. Bio and Resume
Location of Birth: Southern California
Growing up around music in southern California, I started off singing in church choirs and groups. I began lessons in percussion in 5th grade, and proceeded to play with the school symphonic band throughout high school, and performed with the group which toured various parts of the U.S., as well as France and Germany. It was during this time in my Freshman year of high school that I got a drum set, and eventually taught myself to play. I performed with different groups and students on campus, covering styles such as rock, jazz, gospel, hip hop, and contemporary music. I continued to play during college, and it was then that I “expanded operations” and purchased bass, electric, and acoustic guitars and began to learn them through personal study and tips from other musicians. Also during the college years I developed a love for electronic music production, and I began sequencing music compositions on the computer. All of the skills I gained have allowed me the privilege of working and playing with some very talented people, and have provided me with some very memorable experiences. For those reasons and many others, I greatly enjoy sharing the gift of music with anyone who is willing to learn~
Bachelor of Business Administration with an emphasis in Management
Oakwood College — Graduated Magna Cum Laude May 2006
• GPA: 3.78 on a 4.0 scale
• On Dean’s List for entire undergraduate study
• Member of Alpha Chi (National Honors Society) and Delta Mu Delta (Business Honors Society)SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Personable with good attitude; works well with children and adults. Adapts well to various environments
• Knowledgeable in computers, software, and music technology
• Proficient Player in Drums/Percussion, educated in music theory
LEADERSHIP AND • Served as president of the Phi Beta Lambda Business Club at Oakwood
ACTIVITIES • Held campus government position in the United Student Movement
• Was a member of the Oakwood College Aeolians Choir, a world-traveling
• Led Out in a team that participated in the “Agape Huntsville” community
Educator, Part-time, Montgomery County Public Schools November 2007 – Present
Teaching classes in various county schools, covering ages from pre-kindergarten to 10th grade, and most subjects including math, reading, science, music, art, computer, and physical education. Also providing one-on-one support to special needs students.
Using adaptability skills to adjust to various groups of students with differing learning patterns.
Ministry Manager, Sligo Church September 2006 – January 2008
Takoma Park, MD
• Responsible for a wide variety of tasks to maintain the program, including audio engineering, graphic design, marketing, sales, networking, and
planning/implementation of projects
• Utilizing specific skills in each of the above areas
Music Coordinator, Oakwood College USM August 2005 – May 2006
• Executive produced the student compilation CD project for the year. Managed appointments of artists and producers, scheduled recording
times, and organized paper work and licensing materials.
• CD was the first to be released on time In over 5 years of annual projects
• Served as Sound Technician for campus concerts and events
• Planned and executed musical activities, organizing musicians and rehearsal schedules
Instructor/Supervisor, Kid’s University Summers 2001-2005 Loma Linda, CA
• Supervised volunteer student employees and children in the camp.
• Taught various classes in sports, music, and drama. Created schedules for class activities and produced theatrical programs. Managed the
people involved and delegated responsibilities to them.
• Was responsible for the camp’s first feature film production
Most Influential Musicians/Bands: Dave Matthews Band (Carter Beauford especially!)
Tye Tribbett and SoundCheck
Favorite Quote: “Work smarter, not harder” ~Uncle Scrooge
Favorite Movies: Office Space, Minority Report
Places Traveled: France, Germany, Bermuda, most of the U.S., as well as Canada & Mexico (those DO count!
How would your friends describe you? Friendly, thoughtful, patient, talented, and BUSY!
Hobbies: Learning random things, challenging friends at “chess/words with friends”, sound engineering
Tags: chevy chase, college park, contemporary music, council of independent colleges, education, huntsville decatur combined statistical area, kyle, learning patterns, md, music, music composition, music education, music lesson, Music Lessons, oakwood university, patient, southern association of colleges and schools, student, versatile, work
Trackback from your site.